For those who need a daily fix and look forward to a Sprint event, we offer a limited entry event which does not count towards the main competition. For this event, we take you back to Forres which was used for WOC 2015 Individual Sprint final. Forres is a beautiful town and regularly features amongst the Scotland in Bloom prize-winners; it boasts some intricate alleyways between older buildings and some newer estate housing with park and woodland areas.
The start window of two hours (from 1:00pm until 4:00pm) is after the TrailO at Roseisle and before the MTBO event so that you can take part in multiple events.
A selection of images from the race area…
- Organising clubs:
- Edinburgh University Orienteering Club (EUOC).
- Mairi Eades (EUOC).
- Jim Bailey (EUOC).
- Graeme Ackland (INT).
- Forres Academy Car Park, Burdsyard Road, Forres, IV36 1FG.
- From the Findhorn Roundabout on the A96 take Victoria Road into Forres driving past Grant Park. Take South Street on your left at the end of Grant Park before Andersons Primary School. At the roundabout take the second exit and immediately turn left onto Sanquhar Road. Follow Sanquhar Road for 0.3 miles driving past Forres Academy to the car park located to the rear of the school on the right of Sanquhar Road.
- 200m from parking.
- Start times will be from 1:00pm until 4:00pm.
The start for the Senior courses (1‒5) is 1.0 km from assembly.
The start for the Junior courses (6‒7) is 300m from assembly.
- Urban town area with patches of parkland.
- Be aware of the traffic as there will be lots of moving cars in the area, especially when crossing the High Street.
- Junior Courses:
- This will be focused around Sanqhuar Loch, so forest orienteering shoes recommended.
- Base map from OS & Lidar data supplied by the Scottish Orienteering Association.
Original Survey & Cartography: 2008 to present by Trailmaps, Scott Fraser, Euan McCarthy, David Ritchie, Mike Rodgers, Jon Hollingdale & GISamap.
Event updates: Trailmaps 2022-23.
- There is a single finish which is 200m from assembly.
Courses close at 5:00pm.
- Special Information:
- There will be artificial barriers out in the terrain which are marked with tape or flour and trestles with signs, and a marshal. There will be an example of this in the arena. You must wear your bib from the other days.
The Sprint race is part of the UK Urban League and the Scottish Orienteering Urban League series.
- BOF Registration Number: 82173
Final Course Lengths
|Course||Class||Length (km)||Map Scale|
|5||MHV WUV WHV||1.3||1:4000|
Thanks to the landowners who have made today’s event possible…