Wednesday 2nd August 2023
Today is a less formal sprint race
Today’s sprint race is a limited entry event which doesn’t count towards the main competition.
Photo © Craig Wallace (cc-by-sa/2.0)
For those who need a daily fix and look forward to a Sprint event, we offer a limited entry event which does not count towards the main competition. For this event, we take you back to Forres which was used for WOC 2015 Individual Sprint final. Forres is a beautiful town and regularly features amongst the Scotland in Bloom prize-winners; it boasts some intricate alleyways between older buildings and some newer estate housing with park and woodland areas.
The start window of two hours (from 1:00pm until 3:00pm) is after the TrailO at Roseisle and before the MTBO event so that you can take part in multiple events.
A selection of images from the race area…
During the event the daily news will provide the latest information for each day.
Thanks to all the landowners who have made today’s event possible.
- Organising clubs:
- Edinburgh University Orienteering Club (EUOC)
- Mairi Eades (EUOC)
- Jim Bailey (EUOC)
- Graeme Ackland (INT)
- From the Findhorn Roundabout on the A96 take Victoria Road into Forres driving past Grant Park. Take South Street on your left at the end of Grant Park before Andersons Primary School. At the roundabout take the second exit and immediately take the first right onto Sanquhar Road. Follow Sanquhar Road for 0.3 miles driving past Forres Academy and the car park is located to the rear of the school on the right of Sanquhar Road.
- Forres Academy Car Park, Burdsyard Road, Forres
- Special information:
- Start times will be from 1:00pm until 3:00pm
- BOF Registration Number: 82173
Estimated Course Lengths
Courses will be designed to have a 12-15 minute winning time.